CPD competence service for lawyers
Our CPD 2018 service will be available in March.
Are you internet savvy?
Whatever your field of practice, effective use of the internet is now essential to it.
Since 1995 we have been helping lawyers understand and make best use of the internet in their practice and since 2005 we have produced CPD courses with that objective.
Our Internet for Lawyers CPD competence courses guide you, via online articles and exercises, through the legal resources and tools available, help you understand the internet and the legal issues it raises and assist you in the practical application of internet services to your legal practice.
Do you have a CPD competence plan?
Under both the new SRA solicitors' continuing competence and the new BSB barristers' CPD schemes you must maintain a learning and development (CPD) plan, undertake relevant activities and keep appropriate records.
Using our CPD 2017 service you can create and maintain a plan and keep the appropriate records for SRA and BSB compliance purposes. Just Start a plan and Select relevant courses and you have an instant Plan and nascent Record which you can update during the year.
Our course topics
Our courses are designed to help you understand, learn more about and keep up to date with internet topics that affect or may affect your practice, organised in four sections as follows:
A – Internet Access
- Access to law and justice
- Legal resources and updates
- Internet tools and techniques
I – Internet Issues
- Understanding the internet
- Internet law and regulation
P – Internet Practice
- Practice management for law firms
- Practice management for barristers
- Websites and marketing (not suitable for Bar CPD)
- Social media in practice
- AI and robots in practice
R – Regulatory compliance
- The new CPD competence regimes
A full contents list is on the Course content page.
A very reasonable cost
Our CPD 2017 competence service individual subscription is £120+VAT. A group subscription for up to 5 members costs £300+VAT; larger groups £60+VAT each additional member.
A CPD 2017 subscription provides access to the CPD materials and your records up to March 2018. Purchasers will also receive the bi-monthly Internet Newsletter for Lawyers PDF version.
How it works
- Purchase a CPD 2017 subscription online, with immediate access.
- Create a 2017 plan, selecting from our courses.
- Read the informative articles for each course online and follow up further reading links.
- Consider the relevance to your practice and complete the associated exercises.
- Update your plan, recording time spent and what you have learned.
- Keep your record for SRA/BSB compliance purposes.
Who are we?
The Internet for Lawyers courses are published by infolaw Limited and prepared and edited by Nick Holmes and Delia Venables, specialists for many years in legal information, legal resources and the use of the internet by lawyers. We are assisted by Alex Heshmaty, a legal copywriter and journalist with a particular interest in legal technology. View our biographies.
Many leading lawyers and information, IT and legal practice specialists have contributed articles in their areas of expertise.
Is our CPD accredited?
Under the new regimes, neither the SRA nor the BSB any longer accredit CPD providers. Until 2016 we were accredited CPD providers for both regulatory bodies (since 2005).
CPD 2017 subscribers can continue to access their 2016 plan. CPD 2016 subscribers can for the time being continue to access their 2016 plan. If you have any queries about previous courses please email email@example.com.