A surprisingly large number of lawyers are unaware of the right to bring a private prosecution and the potential benefits that such a course of action can bring. A private prosecution is a ‘criminal law’ action and is prosecuted in the criminal courts but if utilised effectively, it can be a very useful tactic either as an alternative or in combination with Civil Litigation. The following are areas where private prosecutions have been used to great effect:
The Internet Newsletter for Lawyers is edited by Nick Holmes and Delia Venables
- Legal Web Watch November 2018: Transforming access to justice
- Delia’s legal web picks November 2018
- CPD and continuing competence for 2018 – do it online now!
- Copyright and the blockchain
- What is legal design?
- The case for offering free legal advice – in 2018
- Open data: free to use and republish
- Why have multiple websites?
- Government surveillance
- Publications and blogs
- Latest articles feed
- PDFs of the Newsletter
- Legal Web Watch