A surprisingly large number of lawyers are unaware of the right to bring a private prosecution and the potential benefits that such a course of action can bring. A private prosecution is a ‘criminal law’ action and is prosecuted in the criminal courts but if utilised effectively, it can be a very useful tactic either as an alternative or in combination with Civil Litigation. The following are areas where private prosecutions have been used to great effect:
Internet Newsletter for Lawyers
Edited by Nick Holmes and Delia Venables
- 7 steps to mitigating risk and reducing your law firm’s professional indemnity premium
- CRM: the business case for automation
- Link building best practices and strategies
- Facebook as a marketing platform for lawyers
- Where next for alternative legal services providers?
- Direct access – how is it going?
- Do I still need to use the www in URLs?
- Major cost savings through more intelligent legal research
- Crosselerator™ – solving the cross-referral problem
- What we learned about the internet in 2017 (1): Big Tech
- Latest articles feed
- PDFs of the Newsletter
- Legal Web Watch