A surprisingly large number of lawyers are unaware of the right to bring a private prosecution and the potential benefits that such a course of action can bring. A private prosecution is a ‘criminal law’ action and is prosecuted in the criminal courts but if utilised effectively, it can be a very useful tactic either as an alternative or in combination with Civil Litigation. The following are areas where private prosecutions have been used to great effect:
Internet Newsletter for Lawyers
Edited by Nick Holmes and Delia Venables
- Technology and access to justice: the end of the beginning?
- Legal jobs and recruitment online
- A GDPR impact assessment for websites
- Artificial intelligence in law in perspective
- Online publishing news
- HMCTS reform update
- Guidance for barristers on the new CPD requirements
- Solicitors: stay competent to practise!
- GDPR – beyond the panic
- Why implement https?
- Latest articles feed
- PDFs of the Newsletter
- Legal Web Watch