A surprisingly large number of lawyers are unaware of the right to bring a private prosecution and the potential benefits that such a course of action can bring. A private prosecution is a ‘criminal law’ action and is prosecuted in the criminal courts but if utilised effectively, it can be a very useful tactic either as an alternative or in combination with Civil Litigation. The following are areas where private prosecutions have been used to great effect:
Internet Newsletter for Lawyers
Edited by Nick Holmes and Delia Venables
- Online courts and cyber judges
- Online courts: the human impact
- Completing legal directory submissions for the Bar
- Legal services market – who are you afraid of?
- Digitising the courts
- What is predictive coding?
- Solicitors selling legal services online
- Legal Web Watch February 2017: RSS is dying, right?
- Delia's legal web picks January 2017
- Why intellectual property matters to your practice
- Latest articles feed
- PDFs of the Newsletter
- Legal Web Watch