A surprisingly large number of lawyers are unaware of the right to bring a private prosecution and the potential benefits that such a course of action can bring. A private prosecution is a ‘criminal law’ action and is prosecuted in the criminal courts but if utilised effectively, it can be a very useful tactic either as an alternative or in combination with Civil Litigation. The following are areas where private prosecutions have been used to great effect:
Internet Newsletter for Lawyers
Edited by Nick Holmes and Delia Venables
- Electronic evidence from the internet
- An intelligent robot lawyer – really?
- Billy, the robotic junior clerk
- Competitive advertising on the internet
- What are chambers’ websites for?
- Digital legacies
- Don’t pay lawyers?
- Outsourced cashiering and your bottom line
- 10 considerations when starting your own law firm
- Companies selling legal services online
- Latest articles feed
- PDFs of the Newsletter
- Legal Web Watch