A surprisingly large number of lawyers are unaware of the right to bring a private prosecution and the potential benefits that such a course of action can bring. A private prosecution is a ‘criminal law’ action and is prosecuted in the criminal courts but if utilised effectively, it can be a very useful tactic either as an alternative or in combination with Civil Litigation. The following are areas where private prosecutions have been used to great effect:
The Internet Newsletter for Lawyers is edited by Nick Holmes and Delia Venables
- Becoming a highly successful small law firm
- Collaboration using web based apps
- The right to be forgotten – updated
- Changing your cloud system supplier
- Legal ebooks: who needs them?
- Legislation.gov.uk: finally up to date?
- Tracking: your digital trail
- Open law: digital common property
- Legal Web Watch: The role of technology in legal advice and assistance
- Delia’s legal web picks June 2018
- Latest articles feed
- PDFs of the Newsletter
- Legal Web Watch