Over the last few years, apps have proliferated on smartphones and tablets and there are now over a million individual apps available for both Apple and Android devices. Although generally only games and entertainment apps receive attention from the press, there are also many apps available for professionals, including lawyers. It’s worth noting that the […]
Internet Newsletter for Lawyers
Edited by Nick Holmes and Delia Venables
Articles filed under Apps
Ireland’s first dedicated Data Privacy Law app has been launched by leading Irish firm A&L Goodbody. The Irish Data Protection Commissioner supports this useful tool as it is aimed at senior management, privacy law professionals and in-house lawyers who need to respond to an increasing number of data protection requirements and challenges that data security […]
(By Delia Venables)
LawSauce is written by Ruth Bird (University of Oxford, Bodleian Law Librarian) and Natalie Wieland (Legal Research Skills Adviser, Melbourne Law School). It is an e-resource locator developed to quickly locate the right legal web resource for legal tasks, which can otherwise be a very complex task. LawSauce includes nearly 8,000 records covering case law and legislative sources for many jurisdictions. It is organised by broad geographical region, such as North America or Asia. The sources are then arranged by their jurisdictional location. For the UK and Europe, links are to the EU as well as to each individual country in greater Europe, extending to Russia in the east and Ireland in the west. The app can be downloaded from the Android Store and the iTunes store.
- 7 steps to mitigating risk and reducing your law firm’s professional indemnity premium
- CRM: the business case for automation
- Link building best practices and strategies
- Facebook as a marketing platform for lawyers
- Where next for alternative legal services providers?
- Direct access – how is it going?
- Do I still need to use the www in URLs?
- Major cost savings through more intelligent legal research
- Crosselerator™ – solving the cross-referral problem
- What we learned about the internet in 2017 (1): Big Tech
- Latest articles feed
- PDFs of the Newsletter
- Legal Web Watch