The Internet Newsletter for Lawyers is edited by Nick Holmes and Delia Venables
Articles filed under Practice tools
Back in 1979 Apple published what is regarded as the first “killer app”, the spreadsheet program VisiCalc (a contraction of “visible calculator”), which turned the microcomputer from a hobby for computer enthusiasts into a serious business tool and prompted IBM to launch their PC.
VisiCalc’s mantle was soon wrested from it by the superior Lotus 1-2-3 which reigned supreme on the PC until the advent of Windows when Microsoft’s Excel started to outsell it. Today there can be no organisation which does not rely heavily on Excel or an equivalent spreadsheet application for its planning, budgeting and forecasting, accounting … and many other functions.
Google is much more than just a search engine. If also offers a range of office productivity tools which can make your information management more efficient, improve your business processes, and save your firm or chambers money. From YouTube to Patent Searches, Picasa to Gmail, Google offers more than 50 different services in addition to its familiar search engine.
- GDPR – the dust is settling
- Open access to case law – how do we get there?
- LinkedIn – the lawyer’s social media channel of choice
- Legal information online in the Republic of Ireland
- The state of legal blogs
- Why blog?
- The Internet, Warts and All
- Legal Web Watch November 2018: Transforming access to justice
- Delia’s legal web picks November 2018
- CPD and continuing competence for 2018 – do it online now!
- Latest articles feed
- PDFs of the Newsletter
- Legal Web Watch