HotDocs today announced the official launch of HotDocs Cloud Services – a cloud-based platform that facilitates the embedding of HotDocs automated document generation technologies into an organisation’s own process systems.
HotDocs is used by thousands of law firms, legal publishers, financial institutions and government bodies to streamline the process of creating repeat documentation.
HotDocs Cloud Services harnesses the benefits of cloud computing and offers existing and new customers an innovative alternative to on-premise, closed and proprietary document generation products, instead providing flexible access to our industrial strength cloud platform and integration tools on a “pay as you use’” basis.
HotDocs Cloud Services is a subscription service that customers can start using immediately. The new technology, which has been in beta testing for over a year, comes with a toolbox of integration applications that enable rapid deployment of HotDocs templates into many web applications, customers’ cloud or on premise applications. A key design feature of Cloud Services enables the transmission of data between a web application and the document generation engine without the long-term storage of sensitive data in the cloud. Essentially, once Cloud Services has utilised a data set for the purpose of generating a document, the data is deleted – an approach with complies with the data-protection policies of most risk averse organisations.
Legal Simplicity is a new free online drafting service for law firms from Evident Legal which will suit the needs of small firms, sole practitioners and small in-house teams.
Legal Simplicity provides frequently-used commercial and private client precedents automated with the Exari document assembly engine.
Legal Simplicity’s online service provides access to core precedents in key practice areas, use of the drafting tool, and online storage, with access from desktop, tablet or smartphone. Output is fully styled for Word, so documents automatically re-number and cross-references update when you add or remove clauses. You can use a docx converter to apply your own firm’s house style.
The basic service is free with various upgrade options for customised/bepoke services. Evident are funding Legal Simplicity through advertising and sponsorship with “a little help” from their venture capital backers.
Image: Contract Analysis
Westlaw has now launched the first Sweet & Maxwell precedents on Westlaw UK – available as an add on to a current subscription or as a standalone service.
Accessible from the Books tab of Westlaw UK, the titles available span across a range of practice areas from commercial law to trusts and wills. They keep the familiar structure of the print content but with the added value of online searching and instant download of ready-to-edit precedents as Word documents.
Precedents on Westlaw UK include:
- Direct links to cases, legislation and other clauses referenced in the precedents and surrounding guidance meaningseamless navigation of related sources
- Useful search options such as by precedent title, paragraph number, free text or index term so that it’s quicker to find the document needed
- Easy-to-browse Table of Contents, with precedents grouped by transaction and procedural stage – all very logical
- One click download of ready-to-edit precedents as Word documents so that you can be drafting in a matter of seconds
- Automatic filing of updates and an online Release Bulletin with links to new content which saves the bother of having to do it manually
Sweet & Maxwell Precedent titles planned to be added in 2013 are:
- Building Contract Disputes: Practice and Precedents
- Commercial Property Development Precedents
- Company Precedents
- Employment Precedents & Company Policy Documents
- Franchising: Law and Practice
- Greens Litigation Style
- Greens Practice Styles
- Practical Commercial Precedents
- Practical Intellectual Property Precedents
- Practical Lending and Security Precedents
- Practical Matrimonial Precedents
- Practical Trust Precedents
- Practical Will Precedents
- Precedents for the Conveyancer
I recently met up with Giles Dixon, founder of ContractStore, to firm up on arrangements for our collaboration. On the Precedent Store you can now view a profile of ContractStore and we’re proud to promote their wide range of business contracts.
Giles pointed out to me that our green and pleasant corner of this metropolis is somewhat of a hub for legal document publishers. In addition to ContractStore on Kew Green and infolaw/the Precedent Store in Sheen (SW14), we have Simply-Docs in Sheen (SW14) and LawPack in Putney (SW15).
Not quite Silicon Green then, but know that this entire web thing – 20 years old today – started in London SW14.