Digital dictation revolutionised the way in which a lawyer could manage his workload. No longer was there a need to manage tapes. There were still a number of limitations when working remotely as the need to transfer the dictation to the secretary meant that the lawyer had to be logged into the office remotely to send the file to the secretary. Even with this limitation, however, the turnaround time for dictations to be transcribed was greatly reduced.
The Internet Newsletter for Lawyers is edited by Nick Holmes and Delia Venables
- CPD and continuing competence for 2018 – do it online now!
- Copyright and the blockchain
- What is legal design?
- The case for offering free legal advice – in 2018
- Open data: free to use and republish
- Why have multiple websites?
- Government surveillance
- Publications and blogs
- Delia’s legal web picks September 2018
- Becoming a highly successful small law firm
- Latest articles feed
- PDFs of the Newsletter
- Legal Web Watch