Digital dictation revolutionised the way in which a lawyer could manage his workload. No longer was there a need to manage tapes. There were still a number of limitations when working remotely as the need to transfer the dictation to the secretary meant that the lawyer had to be logged into the office remotely to send the file to the secretary. Even with this limitation, however, the turnaround time for dictations to be transcribed was greatly reduced.
The Internet Newsletter for Lawyers is edited by Nick Holmes and Delia Venables
- Collaboration using web based apps
- The right to be forgotten – updated
- Changing your cloud system supplier
- Legal ebooks: who needs them?
- Legislation.gov.uk: finally up to date?
- Tracking: your digital trail
- Open law: digital common property
- Legal Web Watch: The role of technology in legal advice and assistance
- Delia’s legal web picks June 2018
- How to improve your practice using browser-based software
- Latest articles feed
- PDFs of the Newsletter
- Legal Web Watch