A surprisingly large number of lawyers are unaware of the right to bring a private prosecution and the potential benefits that such a course of action can bring. A private prosecution is a ‘criminal law’ action and is prosecuted in the criminal courts but if utilised effectively, it can be a very useful tactic either as an alternative or in combination with Civil Litigation. The following are areas where private prosecutions have been used to great effect:
The Internet Newsletter for Lawyers is edited by Nick Holmes
- Privacy in the workplace ... or not?
- Internet regulation: do we really need more?
- Digital copyright: new challenges and opportunities
- Smart settlement: an opportunity for mediators
- The business case for remote working
- Understanding algorithms
- Driverless cars: moving forward
- Courtroom technologies
- The Web at 30
- Regulating the interwebs
- Latest articles feed
- PDFs of the Newsletter
- Legal Web Watch