A surprisingly large number of lawyers are unaware of the right to bring a private prosecution and the potential benefits that such a course of action can bring. A private prosecution is a ‘criminal law’ action and is prosecuted in the criminal courts but if utilised effectively, it can be a very useful tactic either as an alternative or in combination with Civil Litigation. The following are areas where private prosecutions have been used to great effect:
The Internet Newsletter for Lawyers is edited by Nick Holmes
- The new EU copyright directive: backing creatives
- An Uber model for legal services delivery?
- Information overload: time to take a break?
- Key IT skills for modern lawyers
- Thinking about our digital afterlives
- Airbnb should be seen as a digital service provider
- Porn age checks delayed (again)
- Case prediction analytics: enhancing the litigator’s armoury
- Recent developments at Justis
- Litigation crowdfunding – on the rise
- Latest articles feed
- PDFs of the Newsletter
- Subscribe via email