A surprisingly large number of lawyers are unaware of the right to bring a private prosecution and the potential benefits that such a course of action can bring. A private prosecution is a ‘criminal law’ action and is prosecuted in the criminal courts but if utilised effectively, it can be a very useful tactic either as an alternative or in combination with Civil Litigation. The following are areas where private prosecutions have been used to great effect:
The Internet Newsletter for Lawyers is edited by Nick Holmes
- How to overcome the skills shortage
- Getting cookie consent right
- Online Courts and the Future of Justice
- Optimising your images to rank well
- Getting to know deepfakes
- What is data misuse?
- Who owns an AI-generated invention?
- Access to justice through technology: the providers
- California passes landmark gig economy rights bill
- Right to be forgotten on Google only applies in EU
- Latest articles feed
- PDFs of the Newsletter
- Subscribe via email