Finders International – missing heirs found, and much more …
Finders International was established by Managing Director Daniel Curran in 1997. Nowadays we are more commonly known as ‘Heir Hunters’ following our appearances on the BBC1 TV show of the same name.
Our success is attributed to providing a fresh and dynamic approach to our work and continuing since day one with our commitment to a no-nonsense, fast and friendly service whilst at the same time ensuring that the highest standards are maintained.
We are highly skilled full-time professionals with an excellent reputation and credentials to match. We have a tried and trusted worldwide network and work to our unique Professional Conduct Code.
We hope that your experience of Finders service and standards will be a positive one and look forward to receiving any comments you may have.
Missing Heir Location
Our worldwide heir location is fast, efficient and cost-effective. You will be amazed at the results we can achieve even with only the smallest amount of information to start with.
Whatever situation you are faced with, we are confident we can provide a successful outcome.
We apply our proven methodical and diligent approach to each and every case we handle and, coupled with a thorough understanding of the considerable technological and historical sources currently available, successful enquiries can often be guaranteed or no fee is payable.
- Instant telephone quotations or free advice – contact us now for immediate assistance
- Instructions accepted online, or by telephone, email, post, DX or fax or via our App
- Fast & free appraisals and quotations by post, DX, fax, e-mail or online
- Friendly & efficient no-nonsense service with the reassurance of our Professional Conduct Code
- Full international network – beneficiaries traced worldwide
- Regular updates on work in progress at intervals you can choose
- Work completed within your specified time scale where requested
- Clear and concise final reports including all documentation, cross-referenced and easy to understand
- Comprehensive range of additional supporting services
- Missing Beneficiary Indemnity Insurance & Missing Will Insurance as approved agents of AVIVA
AVIVA Insurance Products
Finders have a convenient ‘self-approval’ arrangement with Aviva. Once our report is completed we can apply for and obtain policies for your consideration instantly. In many cases a draft policy is forwarded along with our report. In some cases a proposal form may be needed and we will advise where this is the case. Premiums are one-off payments made by the Estate.
Please note that in most cases we can only obtain Missing Beneficiary Indemnity Insurance policies where we have either completed a full report or an independent verification of existing research. However, we may be able to support an application for insurance where it appears that further research is either not required or not financially viable.
We are authorised regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) membership number 310772.
Finders are the longest standing provider of AVIVA online policies. Please note all policies are for UK domicile deceased Estates only.
The purpose of all the insurance policies we provide is to ensure that, once an Estate is distributed, those who have benefitted will never be asked to repay all or part of their inheritance at any time in the future. Finders always recommend the Missing Beneficiary Comfort Policy as a minimum for the security and peace of mind of all Administrators and Executors.
Typically insurance may be required when:
- Specific heirs or branches of a family simply cannot be traced
- It is no longer economically viable to continue with research in an attempt to locate the ‘missing’ heirs
- When all heirs may seemingly have been found and a comfort policy* is required
- Finders have produced a report confirming the situation and recommending insurance cover
- Finders Missing Will Search service has been completed and no valid will has been found
Missing Beneficiary Comfort Policy
- Cover against claims from any prior claimants to an intestacy or additional missing or unknown heirs coming forward after distribution. Highly recommended.
Missing Beneficiary Indemnity Policy
- Cover against future claims from specific missing heirs or unknown parts of a family tree.
Missing Will Insurance
- On completion of our Missing Will Service cover against a Will being found after distribution (or a more recent Will than the one used) can be obtained which disinherits the beneficiaries who have already received an inheritance.
Combined Comfort & Missing Will Insurance
- Cover for all possible eventualities, a Will being found at a later date or prior or additional claimants to an intestacy coming forward after distribution.
Free 5% Escalator Clause
- You can now select a 5% escalator clause which will automatically increase the Limit of Indemnity by 5% of the original amount at each of the first 10 anniversaries of the policy start date, for no extra charge.
- Q. How long do policies run for?
There is no time limit on a claim being made or expiry date for the policy.
- Q. What is a ‘limit of indemnity’?
This is the maximum amount the insurers will pay out in the event of a claim, or multiple claims. It is important therefore to ensure you have set the limit of indemnity at an appropriate amount and we can advise on this if required.
- Q. What about interest on the amount of a claim if time has passed since the policy was issued?
This can be prepared for in 2 ways. Firstly, and perhaps more simply, a simple calculation of a ‘worst case scenario’ can be made and the limit of indemnity increased to cover for this. Often this will not increase the premium by much, if at all. Secondly, you can request an ‘Escalator Clause’, whereby the insurers will increase the limit of indemnity by a certain % each year for a limited number of years (usually 6 years). This option requires some manual calculation and therefore takes a little more time to obtain and will increase the premium payable. The exact rate of interest and period it is payable for varies from time to time and will be confirmed when an Escalator Clause is requested.
Medallion Signature Guarantees
In order to sell or transfer US or Canadian Securities, you are required to sign a Stock Transfer Form (or its equivalent) and the signature must be “guaranteed” before a transfer agent will accept the transaction. Signature Guarantee programmes are operated by members of the Securities Transfer Agents Medallion Programme (known as STAMP).
The Medallion Signature Guarantee is compulsory when transferring or selling US and Canadian Securities and transactions will not be approved without it. When the STAMP member issues their signature guarantee to a Transfer Form, they assume liability that:
What does the Medallion Signature Guarantee stamp do?
- The signatory is authorised to sign the Form (be that the registered owner or the Executor to a Grant of Probate).
- The signatory has capacity.
- The signature is genuine.
The following documents are required to obtain the Medallion Guarantee:
- The original signed Form(s) which require the Medallion Guarantee stamp.
- Certified Copies of the Registered Owner’s passport and a recent utility bill or bank statement (dated within the last three months) for address verification purposes.
- Certified Copy of the Share Certificate or other documents such as a Dividend or DRS statement, which evidence ownership of the shares.
If the Transfer requirement arises because of probate, you will need:
- Certified copy of the Grant of Probate.
- The original signed Form(s) which require the Medallion Guarantee Stamp.
- Certified Copies of the Executor(s) passport(s), and a recent (dated within the last three months) utility bill or bank statement for address verification purposes