Here are 10 quick checks you can undertake on aspects of your website that may be affecting your website’s presence in search engine results. All the tools that I suggest in this guide are free, easy to use, easy to understand and, most importantly, actionable.
The areas this SEO health check covers and the tools I recommend you use are:
- Title tags and meta descriptions – using the free MozBar and Google Search Console.
- On-page copy – using MozBar.
- Duplicate content – using Google Search Console.
- Page speed – Google PageSpeedInsights and Pingdom Tools.
- Mobile friendliness – with Google Mobile-Friendly Test.
- Image optimisation – with Screaming Frog SEO Spider.
- Broken pages – with Google Search Console.
- IP Location – with IP Location.
- Robots file – with Google Search Console