The Internet Newsletter for Lawyers is edited by Nick Holmes
Articles filed under Communications
Launched in 2003, Skype was one of the first mass market freely available forms of internet video conferencing. It took advantage of early developments in Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology to allow users to communicate with each other using their microphones and webcams. Previously video conferencing had been prohibitively expensive for the general public and was largely only used by companies. The burgeoning popularity of broadband over the last few years has led to an increase in the use of a constantly improving VoIP and a surge in the popularity of Skype.
- Key data protection challenges for 2021
- Employee monitoring software: is it legal?
- Mutant algorithms: who is to blame?
- ICO concludes Cambridge Analytica investigation
- An SEO glossary
- An internet primer: the Domain Name System
- Reform of the communications offences
- NHS contact tracing app: teething troubles
- Building your brand with social media
- Police use of facial recognition
- Latest articles feed
- PDFs of the Newsletter
- Subscribe via email